It is not every day that a homeowner uses a ladder in the house but that does not mean that there is no reason to invest in one. Now every homeowner differs in their choice of ladders. While there are some who find a wood ladder reliable there can be many who find it worthy to buy steel ladders. Experts are however of the opinion that while these two are fine it is better to invest in a good quality aluminum ladder. Especially when you are looking for a ladder to access the lofts it is better to consider an aluminum loft ladder over a steel ladder. There are reasons why an aluminum ladder scores over a steel one. Knowing about them helps make the decision easier.
- To start with, aluminum loft ladders don’t catch rust or corrode away easily. That guarantees that they have a longer lifespan. Steel ladders are made from stainless steel or galvanized so that it does not catch any rust. Aluminum ladders are built in a way that they are resistant to rust and corrosion naturally.
- There are many homeowners who are more inclined towards investing in household things that are often environment friendly. Aluminum ladders are often manufactured with recycled contents. Steel ladders can rust and go on adding to the dumping yard which can have a serious environmental impact.
- Trying to carry the around a heavy ladder throughout the house might not be a comfortable idea for all. Steel ladders are heavy and hence they are not easy to be moved around and also handle. A house ladder should be easy to be used by just anyone. Aluminum ladders are lightweight, but that does not make them fragile. They can handle a good amount of weight which also makes them a good choice to be used in commercial establishments.
- It is also often the make of the ladder that makes aluminum loft ladders an obvious choice. Aluminum ladders have deeply serrated square rungs that makes it easier to find a foothold. They are much safer to be used that way. Steel ladders have smooth and round rungs where the chances of falling off is more.
- Aluminum loft ladders are non-magnetic and does not cause any spark when it comes in contact with other non-ferrous metals. Hence they are less of a fire threat. At the same time being non-magnetic it is safe to be used in the vicinity of any magnetic equipment.
- It is easy to get aluminum loft ladders in various finishes. You can paint the ladder, bronze anodized, black anodized, and more without losing the shine or color.
- Not having to care for the ladder is yet another reason why aluminum is the favored of the two. Aluminum is almost maintenance free and so the cost of maintenance is less. Plus, they are affordable than steel ladders as well.
These are reasons enough to invest in an aluminum loft ladders. Accessing the loft is in itself risky, and hence one has to be get a sturdy and reliable ladder for easily going up and down the place.